Saturday 15 November 2008

Early morning at pastures new!! (Llandudno)

Bright an early this morning I got up (04:45) to get to Llandudno nice and early to give me plenty of time to find a good photo spot. I was there for about 06:00 and things were not great. The met office had got it wrong (which is unusual as they are usually spot on). It was muggy and there was a constant drizzle falling!! Oh well as I was up I thought I would do the best I could.

By 08:15 I had decided that I was fighting a losing battle. It was already too late for a sunrise shot and it was too light for any slow exposures. I made my way back home...

I got two real shots out of about 60.....

The Non Existent Pier Sunrise

Obligatory Jetty Shot

There is however lessons to be learnt on all outings. Today I had a list of things I wanted to try.

1. Geo tagging using the iPhone (This worked very well and was extremely accurate - Click to see)
2. Exposure Bracketing (There wasn't really any need to try this out this morning
3. Location spotting (Not too bad found a couple of paths that I wasn't aware of previously)

The biggest lessons I learnt however are:

1. Make sure you always have a good cloth to clear the front of the lens in case of rain/drizzle
2. Always prepare your camera (filters) before stepping foot on a jetty. They are pretty treacherous places to stand!!!
3. Take lots of pebbles with you when trying to get a jetty shot to scare off the birds. Once you are on the jetty there is very little to pick up and throw!!

Oh well, I'll keep trying.....

No comments: