Saturday 4 October 2008

Chasing the light

Yesterday whilst on my way to work there was an amazing sunrise over the Liverpool waterfront. Unfortunately as is alway the case I did not have my camera. It inspired me to get up nice and early and attempt to get the perfect capture of the sunrise behind the Liverpool waterfront, no matter how many attempts it takes. I have seen a book called 'Chasing the light' and to an extent I think that is what I am doing.

I will keep posting my attempts until I get the perfect capture. Please help me by commenting on how the image could be improved. Or by simply passing comment.

My first attempt was made this morning, just before 07:00 am (I had to get out of the house for 06:30 to get this). Unfortunately there was no dramtic sunrise just the gradual change in sky colour. I quite like the cool blues of the image, it is by no means the image I am after though. I actually think that the buildings aren't as sharp as they should be as the tripod took a bit of wind on the Seacombe front. I'll take a weight with me next time.

Good Mornin' Liverpool

Watch this space, for more (hopefully better captures).

Marc

1 comment:

PURE Studios said...

Great image Marc! I'm looking forward to following the progression of this series. I like many things about this image. As far as variations, it would be interesting to see the composition adjusted so that the horizon is off center of the frame (in other words, 2/3 more sky or water). Overall, really digging your work!